The Mechanic Group is led by a team of leading industry professionals who possess an average of 25 years experience in delivering insurance and risk management solutions to the Physical Security, Intelligence, Investigation, Electronic Security, Background Screening and Security Consulting Industries.
Clients, private security and investigation associations and members of the insurance community commonly refer to executive team members as "trusted partners."
The firm has a seat on the Private Security Council of ASIS International.
800.214.0207, Ext. 105
Marc Katz has more than 25 years of experience servicing the Physical Security, Investigation, Electronic Security and Background Screening Industries. He has established a successful network of thousands of brokers nationwide.
- Committed to supporting the broker community.
- Partners with brokers to understand the needs of their customers.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Past President of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of Rockland County, NY.
- Current Board Member for IAAC, Inc. - The membership division of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York to offer profit-making services of the Association.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, BA, Economics, 1992
800.214.0207, Ext. 104
As an acknowledged leader in the Physical Security, Intelligence, Investigation, Electronic Security and Background Screening Communities for more than 27 years, Mike takes great pride in the confidence and trust the aforementioned communities place in him.
His singular goal is to protect every Physical Security, Intelligence, Investigation, Electronic Security and Background Screening business with a lineup of stable insurers including client-friendly risk management and loss control services.
Call or email "Mike at Mechanic" at 800.214.0207, Ext. 104 / email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acknowledged for his ability to develop exclusive insurance, loss control and risk management solutions.
- Valued for his deep understanding of the risk management needs of security, investigation, electronic security and background screening businesses.
- Total dedication to the community for his entire career.
- Trusted business partner.
- Creative thinker who brings fresh insight to every relationship.
- Associated Licensed Detectives of NYS Security Guard Committee
- American Society for Industrial Security - Member
- California Association of Security Agencies (CALSAGA) - Associate Member
- National Council of Investigation and Security Services, Inc. (NCISS) - Broker of Record
- Florida Association of Security Companies - Associate Member
- National Association of Security Companies - NASCO - Broker of Record
- State University of New York at Buffalo, BA, Economics, 1989
800.214.0207, Ext. 111
Steve has more than 15 years of experience servicing the Physical Security, Intelligence, Investigation, Electronic Security and Background Screening Industries. Steve works with over 500 regional private investigation, electronic security and security officer firms throughout the United States.
Before joining The Mechanic Group in 1996, Steve was the Director of Special Sales at the American Stock Exchange.
- Seeks first to understand, then to be understood.
- Thinks beyond the obvious solutions in addressing clients' risk management needs.
- Consensus builder
- Columbia University, MBA, Finance, 1987
- Binghamton University, BA, 1985
800.214.0207, Ext. 286
Matt has more than 15 years of experience servicing the Physical Security, Intelligence, Investigation, Electronic Security and Background Screening Industries. He works to support hundreds of physical security officer, electronic security-alarm, private investigator and background screening firms.
Matt has achieved the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation, which is recognized as the premier professional designation of the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Highly regarded by clients as a person with integrity.
- Passion for protecting clients' businesses and their bottom lines.
- Proactive in presenting solutions to clients' evolving risk management needs.
- Northwest Chapter of CPCU
- Associated Detectives & Security Agencies of Illinois
- Chicago Loyola University, BA, Political Science, 1987
Vice President - Claims Department
800.214.0207, Ext. 108
Frances has more than 20 years of experience in assessing clients' specific insurance needs and matching them with Risk and Claims Management solutions. She specializes in the development and management of Workers' Compensation, Auto and Liability claims and loss control services for individual clients within Program Business.
- Consults with clients' management, financial, legal and insurance professionals.
- Interacts with insurance companies' underwriters, actuaries, claims and loss control professionals.
- Fosters a partnership between the client and insurance team to achieve optimal results.
- Implement risk management strategies to maximize pre-loss performance and to minimize post-loss payouts.
- Fordham University, BS, Finance
800.214.0207, Ext. 110
Renata has more than 10 years of experience working in various financial positions for national insurance brokers and agencies. She is a sworn interpreter for the State of New Jersey Court System and a New Jersey Notary Public. Renata also volunteers at local law enforcement agencies as a translator for non-English speaking apprehended individuals.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong focus.
- Problem solver.
- National Notary Association
- Kean University, BA, Accounting
Irv Mechanic founded The Mechanic Group. He is a respected authority on group health plans, life insurance, disability insurance and all related products.
For more than 40 years, Irv has played an active role with the majority of New York Police organizations serving as their retirement, insurance, and pension consultant.
A sought-after speaker and lecturer, Irv has addressed countless groups during his long career. He has conducted pension seminars for most of the major law enforcement organizations in Manhattan.
He has been the recipient of commendations and awards from every police organization he has represented.